Pre-reading activity: Look at the picture on page 80 and describe what you see.
- Read the title of the article and answer: Why do you think this picture goes with the reading?
Pair activity: Find the meaning of extrovert and introvert. Explain in your own words with examples.
Discuss the following questions:
1. In what way does a parent’s behavior affect a child’s development?
2. What is your definition of personality?
3. What kind of personality do you have?
Share your ideas with the class.
Vocabulary: Match the words with their definitions.
While-reading: 1. Answer questions in the worksheet.
2. Check the statements that are true, according to the article (worksheet).
3. Discuss critical thinking questions (worksheet).
4. Answer comprehension questions (worksheet).
5. Summarize the information from a reading in your own words to help you clarify the main ideas (worksheet).
Post-reading: Complete the survey to find out if you are an introvert or an extrovert or a little of both.
Use the comment box to write your reply. Provide a real example from your life to explain your choices. Use gerunds and infinitives.